Healthy Spread with a Twist
This recipe takes a long standing healthy food spread and twists clicking it up a little bit and Chia-fies it. Great on pitas, crackers or just it off a spoon. Be sure to only purchase NON GMO Soybean/Edamame.
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 pound Edamame-shelled
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon parsley-chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Omega-3 Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia® Chia Seeds
- 3 each garlic clove- smashed and chopped
- In small bowl, bloom Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia® Chia Seeds with lemon juice and water, set aside
- Boil the beans in salted water for 4 to 5 minutes, or microwave, covered, for 2 to 3 min.
- In a food processor, puree the Edamame, tahini, water, bloomed Chia, garlic, salt, cumin, and coriander and parsley until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and mix until absorbed. Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the parsley and drizzle with remaining oil.
- Serve with the suggested vegetables, or refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.